Google’s WEBP image format is the best solution for fast loading website experience and also photographers protect their photography from stealing. Unfortunately, most photo editing software and many online forms haven’t supported WEBP image format.
Do you want to save WEBP Images As JPEG and PNG? Here are some of the best ways to save WEBP images to JPG or PNG. Let’s take a look at how to save a WEBP image in a more common format.
1. Use Alternative Browser
WEBP format is only supported by Google Chrome and Opera. You can use alternative browsers like firebox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera or any others. So you will use an unsupported browser to load the image in JPG or PNG format.
2. Edit Image URL
This is a manual method to save WEBP images as PNG or JPG.
- Right-click on the WEBP image and select Copy image address from the menu
- Now paste this image url in a new tab and remove the last 3 characters from the URL. Therefore, remove -rw at the end of the URL. When you’ll hit enter the image will be loaded in JPG/PNG format.
3. Save Image As PNG Chrome extension
Save Image As PNG Chrome extension allows you to save a WEBP image in a PNG format. This simple cool option just install Save Image As PNG extension then Right-click on the WEBP image and select the new option Save Image As PNG.
4. Agent Switcher for Chrome
This is another Google Chrome extension for saving WEBP Images as JPEG and PNG.
- Install the extension and click on its icon in the address bar.
- You’ll see a list of supported user agents. Select any unsupported browser such as Safari or Firefox.
- Now refresh the page with the WEBP image and it will load in JPG/PNG format. You can then download it using the standard Save image as option.
5. XnConverter Image Converter Software
XnConverter is completely free desktop image converter app for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. You can you convert unlimited images in bulk.
6. Online Image Converter
Online Image Converter is another best way to save a WEBP image in any format like jpg, png, gif or others. There are many online converter tools available. Zamzar is the best image converter supports WEBP conversion for free.